Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Radiant Reminiscence

"Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose."-Kevin Arnold

I am a photo fanatic, the girl who always has a camera in hand and ALWAYS stops for a photo op. For all of these moments, there is a somewhat of a consequence....LOADS (probably thousands) of pictures that for a while, I wasn't sure what to do with. Every so often I would look through them, but not often enough.
Luckily I found an organized, artistically expressive way to actually display my memories for others to see. Scrapbooking. A hobby I absolutely fell in love with.

 Hobby Lobby is my Scrapbook Sanctuary. There is a huge variety of different colored/patterned pages of all sizes (even some covered in glitter!) Normally they are about 59 cents but they frequently have sales making them 1/2 off. There are also prearranged pages/sticker combinations that you can buy in packages. Handy right?!


The next purchase I never overlook, STICKERS!! I literally could spend hours there admiring the HUMONGOUS selection of stickers they have for any (and I mean any) occasion. These can be a little more costly, but again, they have sales for 50%. Once you get a collection built up its easier to replenish and you have more pickings for your future scrapbooks. They are a must have, the beautiful adornments and darling embellishments make all the difference.
There are so many different styles from colored card stock & stickers, and prearranged pages to random collages with magazine cut outs, doodles & old notes. They are so much fun to look at, more so than just a new album on your facebook page. Plus it's perfect for getting all your pictures out of those shoe boxes. Allowing you  to reminisce more often.


My Junior&Senior Scrapbooks
 "Memory...is the diary we all carry with us."-Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Molly-Kate

1 comment: