Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A Girl Appreciates It When...


If it hasn't been clear by a majority of my prior posts, I try to live my life appreciating the little things. I do so in my friendships and my relationship as well. I think other girls are similar in the fact that you don't always need to go big to win her over, that contrary to rumors, it isn't expensive or suffocating to have a girlfriend, that simplicity could be a key factor. This is by no means a "How to Get a Girl Guide" or exactly "What Women Want" but a sincere list of things, that I believe, ladies naturally appreciate.

So boys....Listen up.
A girl appreciates it when...
  • You allow yourself to be silly, even if it's only in front of her. Let your guard down, If you're "too cool" you're not that cool.
  • When you are helpful.  Painting my room was so overwhelming. He helped me empty, clean, tape, and paint four walls and a ceiling, smiling and laughing along the way. MY HERO. So learn how to change a flat tire or something. BE HER HERO! (Even something as simple as proof reading a paper she wrote.)



  • Do something you're proud of...then share it with her, she'd love to be proud of you too.


  •  Who says girls are expensive? Surprise her with something small, like coffee. Imagine how bad she'll want to update her Facebook/Twitter status: STARBUCKS <3 He surprised me at work! #oneluckygirl

  •  Tip: Love letters never go out of style.
  • As brave and determined as women can be, self doubt is somewhat inevitable. It happens. We question ourselves and doubt our image or our capabilities. We haven't given up, just an occasional slip up slowing us from shining to our true potential. ENCOURAGE. Remind us how wonderful and smart we are. We most definitely appreciate that.
  • Learn to do something new together. Volunteer, sign up for a class or try it at home. Buy a sushi kit for example. It's quite an experience. Trial and error is fun when you're doing it together. Plus, who do you know that knows how to MAKE sushi? You two will be a smash at any dinner party/ pot luck.
  • Compliment her, make it specific, and let it come from a genuine place."I think you look beautiful when you wear you're glasses." "I think that dress looks amazing on you, I love when you wear it." "You're lips are perfect." So next time she wakes up and puts on her spectacles, zips up that dress, or puts on chapstick...two things will come to mind. Self-confidence, and you my friend.


Oh, and ladies...a piece of advice from a woman I love:
" If you don't feel better about yourself (prettier, smarter, funnier, more
 generous, considerate, kind and special) when you're with him...
 forget about him." -Grandma


Love big, fall hard and embrace the people you meet to the fullest. You are only young once, so lower you're guard because love rewards the brave.

Hoping to be helpful,
Molly-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment